Hall of Fame Criteria
Manchester High School
Athletic Hall of Fame
The Manchester High School Athletic Hall of Fame was established to formally honor the memory and contributions of the many outstanding athletes, coaches, and supporters of our athletic programs. The Hall of Fame serves as a symbol of our appreciation of the excellence, honor, and devotion displayed by these celebrated individuals and teams.
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
1) A maximum of six individuals will be inducted into the Hall of Fame during any given school year.
2) Any individual with a demonstrated interest in the Manchester Jr-Sr High School Athletic Programs may submit a nomination. An individual may NOT nominate himself or herself for induction.
3) All nominations will be presented to the selection committee.
4) Once an individual has been nominated, their nomination will remain active for a period of five years or until such time they are inducted into the Hall of Fame.
5) The selection committee shall consist of the high school principal, athletic director, and three staff and/or faculty members.
6) To be approved for induction, a candidate must receive unanimous support from the selection committee.
- Athlete's Criteria for Induction
- Coach's Criteria for Induction
- Contributor's Criteria for Induction
- Athletes will be eligible for induction five years after graduation.
- The athlete must have attended a Manchester Jr-Sr High School for a minimum of two years and be a graduate of a Manchester Jr-Sr High School.
- The athlete must have conducted himself/herself in such a way as to reflect honor on the school and must have exhibited those qualities of character and standards of conduct consistent with their status as a role model to the community. Manchester Jr-Sr High School reserves the right to remove any individual from the Hall of Fame for personal conduct, which reflects discredit upon the school.
- AP or Coaches’ Association 1st Team All-State Selection
- State Champion (Relay teams in Track and Field are included within this criteria and will be inducted as a group not individually)
- IHSAA Mental Attitude Award Winner
Athletes who meet two or more of the following criteria; will be given strong consideration by the Hall of Fame Committee.
- IHSAA State Qualifier
- State Tournament Series Record Holder
- School Record Holders
- Division I Athletic Scholarship Recipients
- AP or Coaches’ Association 2nd Team, 3rd Team, or Honorable Mention All-State
- All-Conference Selection Three or More Times During Career
- Outstanding Statistical Achievement in an Individual Sport or Sports (i.e. 1000 career points in basketball – all statistics must be verifiable through print media, official school records, or the IHSAA)
- Dick Miller/Grace Kester Award Winners
- The individual must have coached a varsity team at a Manchester Jr-Sr High Schoolfor a minimum of five years.
- The individual will become eligible for the Hall of Fame immediately upon their retirement or five years after leaving employment with the Manchester Community School Corporation.
- Member of a Recognized State Hall of Fame in the Sport that he/she coached
The Hall of Fame Committee will give strong consideration to coaches exhibiting outstanding achievement in two or more of the categories below.
- Conference Championships
- Sectional, Regional, Semi-State Championships
- Coach of the Year honors by state recognized coaching organizations or media groups
- Career winning percentage at Manchester Jr-Sr High School
- Athletic success of individuals coached
- Years of coaching service to Manchester Jr-Sr High School
- Leadership roles in national/state coaching associations
- Member of the coaching staff of a state recognized all-star team
- Eligibility of outstanding contributions will be at the sole discretion of the selection committee.
- Candidates must have made outstanding contributions or offered extraordinary services to the student/athletes and the athletic program at Manchester Jr-Sr High School.
- Candidates need not be graduates of Manchester Jr-Sr High School to be eligible for induction.