Manchester High School
Thursday, February 21, 2019
1. The Chester Champs 4-H club meets TONIGHT at 7 p.m. in the MHS cafeteria. We will be electing officers and handing out record books as well as 4H handbooks. Please plan to be there to learn about serving as a leader and to pick up these important items.
2. Congratulations to the following 8th Grade Art students for having their artwork selected for the 2019 Wabash County Middle School Art Show: Mackenzie Beck, Emilee Manns, Sarah Nulf, Matthew Skeens and Kaydence Stevens. Their artwork will be on display at the Honeywell Center from February 21st through March 19th. Be sure to stop by and see their awesome artwork!
3. Friday, Feb 22 is the Winter Guard and Percussion Chicken Dinner and Show. Dine-in is 5:00-7:00 and carryout is 5:00-6:30. See a Winter Guard or band member for dinner tickets. The Guard and Percussion will perform in the High School Gym at 7:00-come out and support them.
4. Aloha! FREE ukulele lessons begin March 11th at the Public Library. All skill levels wecome! Ukuleles will be provided. What’s not to love?!? Come, get you cool, strummin’ groove on! More info in your email. Flyers in the office. Sponsored by the Manchester Symphony Orchestra. Sign up today at the Public Library!
5. There are still openings in most programs for Heartland Career Center next year. Openings are limited so if you will be a junior or senior next year, please pick up an application in the guidance office!
6. Hoosier Boys State is a program for 11th grade young men through the American Legion. It is a civics leadership program that simulates Indiana's political process from the local to the state level. Delegates stay for one week at Trine University and work together to create a fictional state government. There will be college scholarships available to delegates. You must get a recommendation from a principal or school administrator that indicate your leadership potential. More info is available in guidance.
7. We will be reviving Maker Mornings starting THIS Friday, February 22. Please join us in the media center for hot chocolate, creativity, and fun!
8. Attention 7th and 8th graders: Please join us in the media center during lunch on Friday, February 22 to participate in an introduction to 3D printing - learn some tricks of the trade, express your creativity, and get ready to print your creation!
9. Activities Today: Jr High Wrestling – Northfield/Southwood/Eastbrook @ Southwood 5:30
10. Lunch Today: Homemade Hearty Bacon, & Potato Chowder with Cheesy Bread/Corn Dog, Celery with Peanut Butter/Onion Rings, Sliced Pears/Sliced Peaches, Milk or SALAD BAR
11. Breakfast Friday: Breakfast Pizza, Yogurt Parfait, Bagel, Pop Tart, Cereal Bars, Fruit, Juice, Milk
12. Lunch Friday: Chicken Parmigaina with Penne Pasta/BBQ Rib Sandwich, Garden Salad/California Blend, Applesauce/Fresh Orange, Milk or SALAD BAR