Manchester High School
Monday, October 21, 2019
1. Grace College invites all high school students to visit campus during a Lancer Day on Friday, October 25, and November 15. Go to www.grace.edu/vip to learn more and register today.
2. Jostens will be taking orders for graduation on OCTOBER 29, 2019 during the lunch periods -- this is the new date (which is different from the date in your packet). Bring your deposit and order form on that day. If you did not get a packet today and a Senior shirt order form you may pick one up from Mr. Zinsmeister, Mrs. Mize, or on the office counter. The t-shirt orders are due October 28. If you have any questions see Mr. Zinsmeister or Mrs. Mize.
3. Someone from Community Foundations & Manchester University will be here TONIGHT @ 6:30p.m. in the PAC to go over scholarship information and the FAFSA. Please invite your parent to attend to learn what is needed to complete the FAFSA.
4. The FFA Halloween party is Tuesday from 7-11 p.m. The sign up sheet is in the ag room so get yourself signed up ASAP!!!
5. Fall has arrived and basketball season is just around the corner, so to prepare there will be a “Skills & Drills” opportunity for those that are trying out for the 7th & 8th grade boys teams. These are non-mandatory events for those who want to tryout, but is an opportunity to get in some extra practice before tryouts. TONIGHT – 7:00-8:30 and Wednesday (Oct 23rd) – 7:00-8:30. Both nights are at the Junior High. There is also a Winter Sports Parent/Athlete Meeting on Monday, Oct 28th in the PAC at 7:00pm. Boys 7th & 8th grade tryouts will start Monday Nov 4th.
6. Get your costume ready! National Honor Society will host the annual Halloween costume contest on Thursday, Oct. 31st. Tickets will be sold next week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday during lunch periods. Tickets are $1.00 / individual and $3.00 / group. Be the funniest, scariest, most creative, most accurate, or best group and win a prize.
7. First ever pumpkin carving contest. Buy your pumpkins before fall break in Leifer’s room and bring them back on the 28th for judging. The cost will be $3 or $5 depending on size. Enter for a chance to win a visa card on Halloween!
8. Congratulations to the State Soil Judging team who successfully competed this past Saturday. Zach Michel placed 6th overall in the Jr. High Division. Skyler Michel finished 6th overall in the Masters Division. The team of Justus Metzger, Skyler Michel, Guy Stephan and Sheila Winger finished a strong 4th in their state competition.
9. All students invited to attend the FFA National Convention Day trip need to meet in Mrs. Mize's room TODAY during SRT for a mandatory trip meeting.
10. Activities Today: Parent/Teacher Conferences - 3:30 - 7:30
FAFSA Meeting - PAC 6:30
11. Lunch Today: Build Your Own Burrito with Choice of Steak or Chicken, Sliced Peaches/Applesauce, Milk or SALAD BAR
12. Breakfast Tuesday: Sausage Gravy with Biscuit, Twisted Cheese Stick, Blueberries & Cinnamon Sugar, Bagel, Pop Tart, Cereal Bars, Fruit, Juice, Milk
13. Lunch Tuesday: Popcorn Chicken/BBQ Rib Sandwich, French Fries/California Blend, Pears/Fruit Cocktail, Milk or SALAD BAR