Dual Language Immersion
- Type of Program: One-way Spanish Immersion Program
- Instruction is 50/50 in English and Spanish: Core content is taught in both languages
- Performance on Standardized Tests: Immersion students perform as well as or better than non-immersion students on standardized tests in English.
- Cognitive Skills: Immersion students typically develop greater cognitive flexibility, demonstrating increased attention control, better memory, and superior problem-solving skills as well as an enhanced understanding of their primary language.
- Cultural Competency: Immersion students are more aware of and generally show more positive attitudes toward other cultures and an appreciation of other people.
- Long Term Benefits: Immersion students are better prepared for the global community and job markets where 21st century skills are an asset.