MANCHESTER JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, March 7, 2014
1. The Wabash County Farm Bureau, Inc. scholarship is now available in the guidance office. Deadline to apply is March 20th. Your parents must have a current Wabash Co. Farm Bureau Inc. membership for you to qualify.
2. Purdue is hosting a program geared toward women interested in engineering on Monday, April 14. Registration is limited to the first 250 students who apply at www.purdue.edu/wiep. There is a flyer posted outside the cafeteria.
3. Any senior planning to study law enforcement should see Mrs. Denney for the Indiana Sheriff’s Association Scholarship. Deadline to apply is April 1.
4. The community pool is offering lifeguard certification classes in March. More information is available on the office counter.
5. The Indiana Oil and Gas Association Scholarship is available at www.inoga.org. Requirements are: GPA of 3.0 or better, financial need, and planning to pursue a career in the oil and gas industry or degree in Earth Sciences, Petroleum and Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Geology. Deadline to submit an application is April 1, 2014.
6. A scholarship is available for students who are the dependent children of a military service member: who was killed in the line of duty; who was wounded in action or in the line of duty and received a Purple Heart; who has a service connected disability; or who died after being classified as having a service related disability. For information about the Folds of Honor Scholarship, go to their website at foldsofhonor.org/scholarships. Deadline to apply is April 30, 2014. See Mrs. Denney with questions.
7. Activities Today: Basketball Sectional - H 6:00 (MHS plays at 7:30)
Activities Saturday: Basketball Sectional - H 7:30
8. Lunch Today: Toasted Cheese Sandwich/BBQ Pork Sandwich, Tomato Soup/Potato Wedges, Applesauce/Fruit Cocktail, Milk or SALAD BAR
8. Breakfast Saturday: Chocolate Chip Panckes, Bagel, Pop Tart, Fruit, Juice, Milk
9. Lunch Saturday: Chicken Quesadilla Pizza/Corn Dog, Mixed Vegetables/Tater Tots, Assorted Fruit, Milk or SALAD BAR