MANCHESTER JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, January 30, 2015
1. Next PTO Scrip order is Monday, February 2. Orders due by 10 am in the school office.
2. STUDENTS: CHECK OUT THE COST OF ATTENDANCE FOR STATE UNIVERSITIES ON THE BULLETIN BOARD IN THE COMMONS. TRIVIA FOR YESTERDAY - Looking at tuition and fees and room and board, Indiana University is slightly cheaper than Purdue. Today’s Trivia - First to tell Mrs Denney in person what FAFASA stands for, earns a prize.
3. Any student who will be in grades 8-12 next year may apply to attend Purdue University’s Boiler Vet Camp this June. Student entering grades 8-9 would be in the Junior Camp from June 14-20. Students entering grades 10-12 would apply for the Senior Camp from June 21-27. Apply at www.vet.purdue.edu/boilervetcamp.
Deadline to apply is February 2.
4. Any senior planning to attend IVY TECH should apply for the following scholarships if you qualify: Chancellor’s Scholarship - 3.2 GPA with either an AHD or Core 40 diploma. Choice Scholarship - Top half of your senior class. Deadline to apply for both scholarships is March 15.
5. Junior high wrestling practice for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students will begin on Monday, February 2nd from 3:30-5:30 in the high school wrestling room. Must have a completed physical packet on file before you can practice.
6. Any student ages 13-17 who would like an opportunity to intern at the Fort Wayne Zoo should apply online at http://kidszoo.org/support-the-zoo/volunteering/teen-volunteers. Deadline to apply is February 28.
7. Activities Today: Boys Basketball - Tipp Valley - H 6:15
Activities Saturday: ISSMA Vocal Solo & Ensemble
Wrestling - Sectional @ Peru 9:00
Boys Basketball - Tri Central - H 1:00
Girls Basketball - Tipp Valley - T 6:15
8. Lunch Today: Homemade Mac & Cheese with Garlic Toast/BBQ Rib Sandwich, Cucumbers with Ranch/California Blend, Pineapple/Apple Slices, Milk or SALAD BAR
9. Breakfast Monday: French Toast Sticks, Apple Frudel, Pop Tart, Bagel, Fruit, Juice, Milk
10. Lunch Monday: New Orleans Chicken with Rice & Goldfish/Steak Sandwich, Green Beans/Steamed Broccoli, Pineapple/Fruit Cocktail, Milk or SALAD BAR