MANCHESTER JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
1. The Ackerman Scholarship is now available online for any senior planning to pursue an animal-related career. Visit www.kidszoo.org to download an application. Deadline to apply is February 1.
2. In honor of the 50th year of the Wabash County Basketball tournament, a commemorative t-shirt will be available for $15.00. Students purchasing both the t-shirt and full session student ticket to the tournament can get both for $20.00. This is a savings of $5.00. The t-shirt is gray with each school’s mascot and school colors. You must pre-order and pay by Friday, December 13th, to get this deal. T-shirts will be distributed before Christmas break. Order forms are available in Mr. Markham’s office.
3. The Beacon Scholarship is now available in the guidance office. Deadline to submit to Beacon is January 31. Come to guidance for an application.
4. Attention Seniors: Herff Jones will be here TODAY during lunch to take your cap and gown and other graduation orders. Extra packet & order forms are available in the main office.
5. Club Volleyball information for grades 7 - 10 is available on the front office counter.
6. There will be a softball call out Friday morning in the gym at 8 a.m. If you are not able to attend, please see Brittany Fratus.
7. The Laketon Cloverleaves 4-H Club will be caroling at Peabody this Friday, December 13, right after school until 5:30 pm. We will meet outside the gym door of the Jr. High and walk over to Peabody together. We will sing with residents, enjoy refreshments, and have a very short meeting. 4-H members should be picked up in the LOBBY of the MAIN entrance of Peabody at 5:30 pm. Members who drive may drive to Peabody’s if you wish.
8. There will be a County Tourney Dance in the Wabash High School gym on Friday, December 27 from 9:30 - 11:30 p.m. Admission is $3.00 with a county tourney ticket and $5.00 without a tourney ticket. The dance is open to all Wabash County High School students.
9. Attention FFA Members: We will be having our annual Christmas party, December 19th from 4:30 - 9:00. We will leave from the ag room at 4:30 for caroling. It will be a night full of fun, food, and spreading holiday cheer. Bring a gift for our white elephant gift exchange if you plan on participating. See Mrs. Mize or a senior officer if you have questions and sign-up in the ag room if you are attending the party.
10. Activities Today: 7/8 Boys Basketball - Tipp Valley - T 4:45
“C” Boys Basketball - Southwood - T 6:15
11. Lunch Today: Mexican Bar, Pineapple/Peaches, Milk
12. Breakfast Thursday: Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit, Bagel, Pop Tart, Fruit, Juice, Milk
13. Lunch Thursday: Cheese Ravioli with Bread Stick/Corn Dog, Steamed Corn/California Blend, Fresh Fruit/Applesauce, Milk or SALAD BAR