MANCHESTER JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL
Thursday, January 29, 2015
1. Campus Life CORE meets tomorrow morning before school at 7:30 in room 117. This event is not endorsed, sponsored or promoted by Manchester Community Schools.
2. STUDENTS: CHECK OUT THE COST OF ATTENDANCE FOR STATE UNIVERSITIES ON THE BULLETIN BOARD IN THE COMMONS. TRIVIA FOR YESTERDAY - Looking at tuition and fees and room and board, Indiana University is slightly cheaper than Purdue. Today’s Trivia - First to tell Mrs Denney in person what FAFASA stands for, earns a prize.
3. Any student who will be in grades 8-12 next year may apply to attend Purdue University’s Boiler Vet Camp this June. Student entering grades 8-9 would be in the Junior Camp from June 14-20. Students entering grades 10-12 would apply for the Senior Camp from June 21-27. Apply at www.vet.purdue.edu/boilervetcamp.
Deadline to apply is February 2.
4. Any senior planning to attend IVY TECH should apply for the following scholarships if you qualify: Chancellor’s Scholarship - 3.2 GPA with either an AHD or Core 40 diploma. Choice Scholarship - Top half of your senior class. Deadline to apply for both scholarships is March 15.
5. Attention FFA Members: Tomorrow is our FFA bake sale at the basketball game. Please bring homemade baked goods or snacks for us to sell. The money goes to buy blanket material for Riley Hospital blankets. You will receive FFA points for our points awards trip too. Sign up in the ag room today.
6. Junior high wrestling practice for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students will begin on Monday, February 2nd from 3:30-5:30 in the high school wrestling room. Must have a completed physical packet on file before you can practice.
7. Any student ages 13-17 who would like an opportunity to intern at the Fort Wayne Zoo should apply online at http://kidszoo.org/support-the-zoo/volunteering/teen-volunteers. Deadline to apply is February 28.
8. Friday morning is the day to turn in your cookie dough orders and magazine orders and money. 7th grade will go to Mr. McNeeley's room. 8th grade will turn in your paperwork at the high school office. Ms. Ambrose will be there to check over everything.
9. Activities Today: Swimming - Huntington North - H 5:30
Girls Basketball - Eastbrook - T 6:15
10. Lunch Today: Philly Cheesesteak/Turkey Bacon Sub, Seasoned Potatoes/Peppers & Onions, Peaches/Oranges, Milk or SALAD BAR
11. Breakfast Friday: Breakfast Pizza, Yogurt Parfait with Blueberry Muffin, Pop Tart, Bagel, Fruit, Juice, Milk
12. Lunch Friday: Homemade Mac & Cheese with Garlic Toast/BBQ Rib Sandwich, Cucumbers with Ranch/California Blend, Pineapple/Apple Slices, Milk or SALAD BAR