MANCHESTER JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
1. May Scholarships: Agricultural Scholarship, Indiana Nurserymen - May 31.
2. Summer Camp registration forms for tennis, volleyball, soccer, and girls and boys basketball are available on the office counter.
3. Girls between the ages of 17-21 should come see Mrs. Denney for information about the Wabash County Festivals Scholarship Pageant. Around $3000 will be awarded this year. Deadline to apply is June 1. Applications can be found outside Mrs. Denney’s office.
4. All materials checked out from the media center for this school year are due on Wednesday, May 24th. Summer checkout begins Thursday, May, 25th. In order to check out books for the summer, you must have all of your materials from this year returned.
5. Coach Tilghman will be at school during all lunches on Wednesday to hand out new summer schedules and meet with anyone in grades 8-11 interested in playing football next year. Stop by, pick up a schedule and give him your contact information.
6. Needed: a student who can tutor a senior in Algebra II prior to this student's final exam next Friday--see Mrs. Denney if you are willing to help.
7. Any 7th or 8th grade student interested in attending the Indiana Sheriff's Leadership Camp this summer should see Mrs. Denney for information.
8. Any junior with a B GPA can take dual credit classes at Grace this summer. See the requirements online at www.grace.edu/jump or see Mrs. Denney.
9. The junior high golf banquet will be Friday at Sycamore from 6:00-7:30 pm. Please bring $6 for pizza, money for a drink, and your clubs. RSVP as soon as possible.
10. Cheerleading tryouts for the 2013-2014 fall and winter season will be held on Tuesday, May 28 - Thursday, May 30 from 3:30 - 5:30 at the high school. These try-outs are for all incoming 7th thru 12th grade girls. Again this will be the only tryout session for the team. There is information on the office counter.
11. Attention All FFA Members: We will be having our May meeting on Tuesday, May 21st at Bolinger’s from 7-9. Be sure to bring your appetites and lawn chairs. If you have any questions, see Mrs Mize or a senior officer. Hope to see you all there!
12. Just a reminder that students wishing to take the PSAT need to sign up outside the guidance office. Sophomores--you will need to pay to take the test next Fall but it will not cost the freshmen who sign up.
13. Manchester High School students who are interested in a student exchange to Bergstedt, Germany next October are invited to learn more about this student exchange at a meeting on Wednesday, May 22 at 8:15 in the LGI 115. Please see Ms. Alspaugh if you are interested but unable to attend. Applications will be given out at this meeting.
14. Activities Today: Girls Track Regional W Warsaw 6:00
Softball Sectional @ Cass 5:00
15. Lunch Today: Chicken Poppers/BBQ Rib Sandwich, Steamed Broccoli/Curly Fries, Fresh Fruit/Pineapple, Monster Cookie, Milk or SALAD BAR
16. Breakfast Wednesday: Gogurt, Cinnamon Roll, Apple Sticks, Pop Tart, Bagel, Fresh Fruit, Juice, Milk
17. Lunch Wednesday: Wrap Bar, Apple Crisp, Orange Wedges, Milk