Manchester High School
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- The annual Halloween Costume Contest will be Friday, October 28 during 5th period in the PAC. Students in grades 7-12 can enter. Tickets will be sold October 26, October 27, October 28 in the Commons during lunch OR before or after school in Miss Ludwig’s room 110. The cost is $1 per individual or $3 for group or pair. Prizes will be given to the winners of the following categories: Most Original, Most Realistic, Funniest, Scariest, Best Group, and Best Overall. Clown costumes will not be allowed on the day of the Halloween costume contest this year.
- 7th and 8th grade students are invited to attend 5th Quarter after the sectional football game on Friday night. Come play Gaga Ball, Angry Birds Dodgeball, basketball and other games. It costs $1 to get in, and ends at 11:00 pm. 5th Quarter is sponsored by First Brethren Church and is held at the Town Life Center. This event is not sponsored, endorsed, or promoted by Manchester Community Schools.
- Grace College invites high school students to learn more about their tuition reduction and free textbooks for all students during one of their campus visit days on Friday, October 21 and November 11. Go to www. grace.edu/vip to register today.
- 7th & 8th grade boys basketball practice will officially begin on Monday, October 31st from 3:30-5:30 in the JH gymnasium. All students trying out must have an athletic physical packet on file before the first practice.
- Election 2016: This is a big year for our elections. The direction our country follows could be defined by the results of this 2016 election. We have all seen and heard the candidates and their positions on the numerous issues. Now it is your turn to be heard. The Manchester Jr. Sr. High School Social Studies Department invites all MJSHS students to participate in a “Mock Election”. The school-wide election will take place on Tuesday, October 25. Instructions follow on how you can cast your vote.
- Activities Today: Financial Aid Meeting – PAC 6:30
- Lunch Today: Top Your Own Hamburger or Grilled Chicken, Applesauce/Fruit Cocktail, Milk
- Breakfast Monday: Chocolate Chip Muffins, Cinnamon Glazed Pancakes, Bagel, Pop Tart, Fresh Fruit, Juice, Milk
- Lunch Monday: Homemade Lasagna with Garlic Toast/Steak Sandwich, Steamed Broccoli/Steamed Corn, Mandarin Oranges/Fruit Cocktail, Milk or SALAD BAR