MANCHESTER JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, January 23, 2015
1. The Beacon Credit Union Scholarship is now available in the guidance office. Deadline to postmark to Beacon is January 31.
2. The Ackerman Scholarship is now available for any senior interested in pursuing an animal related career and information can be found at the zoo’s website - www.kidszoo.org. Deadline to apply is February 1.
3. Any student who will be in grades 8-12 next year may apply to attend Purdue University’s Boiler Vet Camp this June. Student entering grades 8-9 would be in the Junior Camp from June 14-20. Students entering grades 10-12 would apply for the Senior Camp from June 21-27. Apply at www.vet.purdue.edu/boilervetcamp.
Deadline to apply is February 2.
4. Visit GrowAgLeaders.com for an amazing scholarship opportunity. Apply to FFA.org/scholarships by February 1st. More information is posted outside the guidance office.
5. Any senior planning to attend IVY TECH should apply for the following scholarships if you qualify: Chancellor’s Scholarship - 3.2 GPA with either an AHD or Core 40 diploma. Choice Scholarship - Top half of your senior class. Deadline to apply for both scholarships is March 15.
6. Attention FFA Members: Our January meeting will be next Tuesday, January 27 from 6:30 - 8:30. The theme is movie night. We will have great movie snacks and we hope to see you there.
7. Attention FFA Members: January 30 is our FFA bake sale at the basketball game. Please bring homemade baked goods or snacks for us to sell. The money goes to buy blanket material for Riley Hospital blankets. You will receive FFA points for our points awards trip too. Sign up in the ag room today.
8. The Laketon Cloverleaves 4-H Club will meet tonight, right after school in the auditorium of the Manchester Jr High until 5:00 pm.
9. Activities Today: Boys Basketball - Rochester - T 6:15
Activities Saturday: 7th Girls Basketball - Whitko Tourney @ 8:00
Wrestling - TRC @ Rochester 9:00
Boys Basketball - Churubusco - H 1:00
Girls Basketball - Rochester - H 6:15
10. Lunch Today: Turkey & Noodles with 1/2 Peanut Butter Sandwich/Steak Sandwich, California Blend/Mashed Potatoes, Peaches/Apple, Milk or SALAD BAR
11. Breakfast Monday: French Toast Sticks, Apple Frudel, Pop Tart, Bagel, Fruit, Juice, Milk
12. Lunch Monday: Sloppy Joe/Corn Dog, Steamed Broccoli/Steamed Corn, Mandarin Oranges/Strawberries, Milk or SALAD BAR